Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday, October 21, 2013

Gwen woke up at 6:30, but after reading to her a bit I convinced her to lie back down, and we lay in the dark until 7:30. About an hour later I was going to get her ready to go to daycare when I realized that I wouldn't be able to make it out and back even if we went by bus, so I woke Joel. He took her out, and I went back to bed until 12:30.

Reading

  • Read a bit of the chapter on Indian logic in Haaparantaa's Development of Modern Logic.

Writing

Revising

Refereeing

Teaching

  • Today was supposed to be prep day for this week's lecture so that I have something to say when Birgit and I meet today. Best I've done was spend some time thinking (actually yesterday on the train) about what to cover; I want to introduce the Aristotelian syllogistic in more precise detail, highlight some of the aspects of formality of it, point out some of the problems, talk about what is "formal" about Indian logic and the pragmatic use of logic and formal tools.

Conferences

Miscellaneous

No comments:

Post a Comment