Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Today I am on strike, day 5

Yesterday, the picket line defeated me.

Too many days in the cold and the snow caught up with me yesterday afternoon and by evening my throat was sore, my limbs ached, and my temperature had plummeted (some people get fevers when they get sick. I get anti-fevers). I was in bed by 8:30, and asleep before 10, and when my alarm went off I knew there was no way my aching legs would be able to get G. out to school so I nominated my husband to take her instead, and fell back asleep.

I didn't wake up again until noon, half-way through today's picketing -- not that I'd been planning to go out today anyway after I started feeling poorly yesterday, but that certainly reinforced the correctness of my decision!

It's going to be another early night tonight, and I'll be stockpiling tea and painkillers come the morning because nothing -- NOTHING -- is going to prevent me from going back to work.

a

No comments:

Post a Comment