Saturday, March 26, 2016

Academisation is not the way

So I may be a uni teacher myself, but I've got a kid who'll be entering primary school in fall, so I've got a vested interest in pre-university education too. So when I read things like:

[Ms. Morgan] said the academisation of state schools will put children's education into the hands of teachers "who know better than anyone what works in the classroom". Ms Morgan added: "It isn't for me or officials in Whitehall or Ofsted to decide how best to teach or run schools, it's for you, the teachers who know better than anyone what works in the classroom." [source].

...it's hard not to shout at my computer:

So....teachers know better than anyone what works in the classroom. Who are among the most vociferous of groups AGAINST academisation? Gosh....TEACHERS.

If it's for the teachers to decide how best to run schools, and the teachers are saying DON'T TURN THEM INTO ACADEMIES, then don't you think the thing to do is...not turn them into academies?

No comments:

Post a Comment