Tuesday, October 11, 2016

No longer merely thinking about writing a book

A few months ago I was thinking about writing a book. Now, I'm no longer merely thinking about it, I'm doing it. Or rather, I'm writing three. Because why bother doing anything by halves?

But the book I'm writing about here is the book I was thinking about (in so far as you can think about nonexistent objects) writing in the linked post: A textbook to cover all my logic teaching needs from the 1st year intro course to the 3rd year advance course and (hopefully someday) graduate level courses. What I've got now is a mishmash of notes written for previous courses, so there is some incomplete material, some duplicative, and some things which are just purely missing. The goal over the course of this year is to rewrite sections as I need to teach from them, so that at least a large portion of the book is drafted by the end of the year.

If you are interested, you can following here: What Is Logic?, where new drafts will be posted as they are available. Today's substantial rewrite focused on Chapter 6, Aristotle's syllogistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment