Thursday, February 1, 2018

January Writing Wrap-Up

January was nowhere near as prolific as some months, but I still managed to average 740 words a day, for a total of 22956, and I still managed to write 5 out of every 7 days. Looking at the graph is quite interesting: You can tell exactly when term started, and my writing output went from fiction and blogs (mostly reviews for SFFReviews.com) to admin and nonfiction. Also: Good luck trying to get any writing done on Fridays! For awhile, the nonfiction nearly edged out everything else in terms of productivity, but admin this month has involved a lot of letters of recommendation and answer keys to homeworks and exams, so eventually it crept ahead:

One of my goals over Christmas break was to finish up a number of short stories and submit them, and I'm very pleased to report that I did. Between January 5 and January 25 I sent off 5 short stories. I have a couple others cooking along for some deadlines this month and next.

A paper that I co-authored with a colleague last year was accepted at the end of December, and we received proofs for it last week. A paper that we wrote during October and November received a revise and resubmit last week as well, and we're currently working on a third paper towards a Feb. 15 deadline. In addition to those, I've got a number of papers I've promised to write for conferences, edited volumes, and special journal issues, so plenty to keep me busy over the next few months! I hope February is slightly more productive than January; I hope to both have less admin to work on, and less outside stress so that I'm not too tired to write fiction in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment