- Gillon & Love, "Indian Logic Revisited", Journal of Indian Philosophy.
The attempt to separate the ontic (truth-functional) from the epistemic (inferential) level, if it works, is rather like the method of getting around logical omniscience by positing an awareness function, or the medieval idea of notitia or consideratio. If this parallel is so, then it could be that the point of the "redundant" step in the 5-step syllogism is precisely epistemic: To bring the relevant facts to the reasoner's consideration. In which case, this would probably be amenable to modeling via DEL just as I did with Paul. The dialectical level makes this explicit.
- Author proofs for N paper.
- Wrote up outline for slides for Friday.
- Long meeting with Birgit, we've planned out the semester through the end of Nov.
- Started making slides, got through the first 1/3 or so.
- Reimbursement for Life after ILLC event sent off.
Post a Comment